I have been getting different variations of beets this fall season and I love them! Apart from the fact that I add water from beets to henna when I dye my hair (yes, I’m pretty nuts, but hey I get lots of compliments on my hair color!) I also eat them and juice them and bake them into muffins.
In Russia we make lots of salads with mayo and although good mayo made with pasture-raised eggs is not actually bad for you in moderation, I made this one lighter for holiday season. I hope you enjoy it!
- 3 medium beets
- 1 6oz container of pasture-raised organic cow milk yogurt
- 1 6oz container of pasture-raised organic goat milk yogurt
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut both sides of each beet, wash and boil them with skin on for about 40 minutes on medium
- When beets cool down peel off the skin with your fingers (much easier than trying to peel them before boiling)
- Grate the beets and mix with chopped garlic
- Mix cow and goat milk yogurts and salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the beets, garlic and yogurt dressing together
- Mix in the walnuts and sprinkle remaining ones on top
P.S. If you want more recipes from me, make sure to get my FREE 7 day detox with recipes here!