These muffins are very moist, but at the same time they did expand considerably in the oven! make sure to fill up muffin tins only half way with these ones! They are very yummy and completely grain free!
Recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp ghee (Indian clarified butter) or coconut oil to make it vegan – you can use regular butter if you are not sensitive to casein
- 2 eggs or use 2 flax eggs to make it vegan (1 tbsp milled flax seeds for 3 tbsp water to make one flax egg – mix and let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes)
- 4 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips (I only use enjoy life chocolate chips because they are allergen free)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients – almond flour, baking soda and salt
- Slowly fold all the wet ingredients into dry ones to create batter
- Once the batter is well mixed, add chocolate chips
- Grease muffin tins or use muffin baking cups. I use these silicone ones because I love that they are reusable and create no waste.
- Bake muffins for 15 minutes or until the tops become golden brown.
- Let cool on the rack and enjoy!
P.S. If you want more recipes from me, make sure to get my FREE 7 day detox with recipes here!