I finally found a healthier way to make caramel! And with that I covered raw organic cashews with it and put it on grain free pastry. The result – super yummy grain free caramel cashew bars!
- 1 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup grass-fed organic ghee
- 1 large pasture-raised organic egg
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashew nuts
- Set the oven for 350F
- Place a baking sheet into the baking pan
- Combine flours, 1/4 cup ghee and one egg (dough will be pretty dry)
- Press the dough into the baking sheet and bake the base for 20 minutes
- While the base of your bars is baking, make the caramel
- In a medium saucepan combine coconut sugar, honey, coconut cream and remaining 1/2 cup ghee
- Bring to gentle boil and simmer for minute or two
- Take off the heat and stir in cashews
- Once the bottom has baked spread the caramel cashew mixture on top and put the bars back in the oven
- Bake for another 20 minutes (make sure not to burn the caramel!)
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
P.S. If you want more recipes from me, make sure to get my FREE 7 day detox with recipes here!