I have always been a fan of a simple salad dressing – like flaxseed oil plus apple cider vinegar, but let’s face it – if you have salad every day, it gets old. So I went on an experimental quest and found this amazing dressing. You can put whateever you want in the salad, that doesn’t matter – this healthy salad dressing will make it taste phenomenal!
- 1.5 tbsp flaxseed oil (can also use hemp oil)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1.5 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut avocado in half around the pit. Leave the half with the pit in the fridge in a Ziploc bag (leaving the pit in keeps avocado from turning brown). Peel the remaining half and mash the contents with a fork
- in a small bowl combine all the ingredients and avocado, mix well
- Pour over your salad and mix it with a salad spoon or with hands to really massage all your greens
P.S. What I use in my salad – any kind of greens, shredded carrots, fresh herbs, 1/2 can chickpeas, radishes, sweet bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes – whatever you have on hand that day!
P. P.S. If you want more recipes from me, make sure to get my FREE 7 day detox with recipes here!