I felt like sharing this for a while, but now I’m ready. There you go my hand-picked list of 5 top health and wellness related things to do in NYC this year! This is something I personally tried and enjoyed, so I hope you will too!
1. Do Yoga with Tara Stiles
Most of you know Tara from DVDs, YouTube yoga videos, MindBodyGreen blog and alike, but how about doing yoga with Tara in her NYC yoga studio? Yes, that is totally awesome and, let me tell you, you will get a good workout!
And if you do not know Tara, she is the one doing yoga with Deepak Chopra as we speak.
So, here is how to get your hands on it:
- Go to their studio website and get your day, week or month of yoga at a new student discount here http://stralayoga.com/
2. Have an NSA session at Vikaz
What on earth is NSA? It is Network Spinal Analysis and even if you do not have back problems it does wonders for your mind! It gets you unstuck and flowing! It makes it easier to make difficult decision and be open to changes in your life. It is hard to explain, but you will love it! Just give it a go!
And Dr Mehler is Tony Robbins’ go-to spine doctor, nuff said.
Here is how to get your hands on it:
- Check their website for upcoming events regularly . Next one is on April 30!
- For more info go to http://www.vikaz.com
3. Get an IntenSati workout
If you haven’t heard of IntenSati by now, you must have been born on a different planet, because it is so hot right now!
IntenSati is a workout session with affirmations which makes your body look great making your mind clear, loving and focused at the same time. Who doesn’t want some of that?
Patricia Moreno is energizing, loving and beautiful ray of light, such a pleasure to be in her presence!
Here is how you can get your hands on one of her workouts (and you might see me there):
- Classes are on Saturdays at 10.30 am here: Gina Gibney Dance Studio, 890 Broadway, NYC
- For more info go to http://www.satilife.com/events/
4. Run a race in Central Park
Race can just be 1 miler – yes, they have those! There is just something about doing a race in Central Park – the air, the beauty, the crowd, and of course tourists taking photos of everything around them including you not at your best moments. Seriously, it is priceless. If you haven’t done that, register for one of the upcoming summer racer, just for kicks! You can jog, walk or crawl it, but do it for the fun!
How to get into one of the upcoming races:
- Rememeber, some races willl reach their capacity, so watch out for those! But, don’t just take anything, they have strict no refund policy!
- See the schedule and register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-events
5. Take a class at the Open Center
Some of you know, I just took a singing class there! And no, I will not be singing in one of my upcoming videos just yet. It was just something that terrified me (still kinda does) and I took a class to get out of my comfort zone. I learned so much on the way, connected to amazing people and it was not just about singing, definitely not. It was a very wholesome, almost spiritual approach to singing. My teacher was Ilana Martin from Vocal Workout singing school and she was just phenomenal!
You will be seeing me at Open Center classes this upcoming months for sure!
How to get your hands on one of their inexpensive classes (seriously, by NYC standards those are affordable):
- Pick out general direction you want to go in first – health, spirituality, cooking. If you don’t you will be in information overload when you see their classes.
- Go here and pick your class, make sure to go to free intro first, so that you know it is a good fit for you! http://www.opencenter.org/category/evening-lectures-workshops/
Please share how many of these you’ve already done? Would love to hear your experiences!
If you want to learn more about health and digestion register for my upcoming webinar here!